Health has never been this easy.
- 3 – 4 medium sized bananas (The riper; the sweeter)
- 1 ½ cups GENESIS Banana or Vanilla flavour
- 2 medium/large eggs
- 6-8 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon bicarb
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 extra banana to slice and add to the top of your loaf before baking.
TO SERVE (Optional)
- A teaspoon of honey
- ⅓ cup double thick or low fat Greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°and spray a loaf tin with Spray ‘n Cook.
- Peel the bananas and add to a food processor/blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the eggs, honey and vanilla to the bananas and blend until well mixed.
- Add the GENESIS Banana OR Vanilla flavour, cinnamon, bicarb and salt and blend until it is just mixed otherwise fold in by hand, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour into your prepared loaf tin and thinly slice a banana to place on top of the mixture before baking.
- Bake for 45 minutes and allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with some Greek yoghurt and a drizzle of honey and enjoy! (OPTIONAL)
GENESIS Banana Bread: GLUTEN FREE, WHEAT FREE, LACTOSE FREE, DAIRY FREE
What are functional foods and why are they important?
Functional foods provide health benefits beyond just energy and essential nutrients. The health promoting and disease preventing properties of these foods has led to a massive upsurge in their consumption. Furthermore, the increase in health care costs and the facts that most of us are living longer, giving momentum to the growing enthusiasm and wide-spread appreciation of how a balanced nutritionally complete diet is key to managing health and improving the body’s immune responses.
Our CEO’s motivation to get involved with functional foods in South Africa.
Donate nutritionally balanced meals: R2.30 per meal
GENESIS Nutritional Products were developed over a period of two years by a South African dietician, Michelle Bristow, with a keen interest in public health. The product contains combination of 23 vitamins and minerals, 19 Amino acids, Omega-3 as well a functional prebiotic and an organic selenium. GENESIS meals provide 3 x more protein than maize meals.
Better health starts here: View more High Protein, Gluten Free Recipes